Wednesday, December 22, 2010

About Me, My Family, and Why I'm More of a Mess Than You

I’ve been blogging for more than a year now, but I made the silly mistake of doing it under my real name. 

Why did I do this? 

Simple.  I wanted to be a writer.  I was between jobs and I was writing a novel and I thought that it would be a perfect way to try get some attention.  As it stands, that blog has 35 000 hits, a regular readership, and a handful of decent incoming links that keeps me working at it three times a week.

The downside to this is that my family reads it, my friends read it, and conceivably, my boss could read it.  That means that everything has to be family friendly, work appropriate, and non-confrontational. 

Well fuck that.

This is a free space that will be safe from that bullshit.  This will be the forum for all of the bile that gets hidden away on my regular blog.  Not being able to directly appeal for readership, it will likely be read by no one and loved by less, but that means far less to me than the freedom to write in a way that haunts, appalls, and entertains.

Cheers!

“Sigmund”

No comments:

Post a Comment